Thursday, May 21, 2009

Week 9 part 2 - Instant Messaging & Twitter

I've used IM quite a bit between Skype, MSN Chat and now Facebook and it's a great way of communicating in real time (as they say!). I have also seen how libraries can use it quite effectively to get the whole 24/7 thing going. The only problem with IM is that people want an instant answer which meant that somebody has to be on hand to answer the questions immediately, which could prove difficult in some libraries.

Twitter, on the other hand, I don't get at all. Why would people be interested in the minute details of my (or anyone elses) life? Although, people must be with it's popularity. I have to say the Common Craft video did a great job explaining it and, it did make me want to look at it again! When I was looking at Youtube last week, I found a brilliant video that shows twitter in real life, which I'm going to try to attach and it sums up twitter for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment